Monday, October 24, 2005

Why I chose JCU Singapore?

JCU Singapore is located on level 3 @ SPRING Singapore building

Why I chose JCU Singapore?

“JCU Singapore (JCUS) has given me more than I thought possible from an International campus of a reputed Australian university. Also its nearer to home.

I never in my wildest thought I would vouch for Masters in Business Administration, that too from Singapore. My educational qualification was restricted to Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering technology, and the thought of wanting to study further, prompted me to search for an University that gave me convenience, value for money and also time.

The programs offered at JCUS are prepared by the same people who develop the program at the Australian campus, so the quality and standard is guaranteed. So in simple sense, Australian education with the Singaporean economy.

What I enjoyed most about my studies here?

So many things have excited me during the tenure of my education at JCUS. Some of them are:

= The teaching style by the lecturers at JCUS was more informal and participative, unlike the way I was used to back in India.

The most memorable experience from the lecturers were with Mr. Param Alahakone, Dr. Daniel Theyagu, Dr. Lim Yey Ban, Mr. Kamal Kant, Mr. Manek Mukesh and Dr. N. R. K. Reddy.

= Absolute freedom to express opinion and views.

= Use of Audio Visuals for teaching including Hollywood movies, documentaries and commercials.

= Un-limited access to resources at the online library of JCU.

= The multi-cultural atmosphere and exposure to new culture and lifestyle, which by itself is an experience

= The MBA gave me a new way to look at the world with a new dimension

= MBA at JCUS with its experienced faculty made me think differently about everything because suddenly I was in a place where everybody’s ideas and experience of life meant something.

= I now wonder why the course completed so fast???

The most useful element of my course:

= The friends I made here and some have become a part of me. They made a world out of me and have enabled me to understand life better.

= Most memorable modules from the MBA were, Organization Behavior, Account and Financial Management, Global Economics, Human Resources, Managing Employee Relations, Strategic Management and Quality Management.

= Crisis Management (when meeting the deadlines for reports and assignments), Time management and planning (though it might contradict)

= Flexible study timings (only 3 hours class a day x 5 days a week)

= Convinced me to consider education as a profession

----------------------------------

Experience at JCUS is true to the tag line

For Learning. For Life. For You.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there Arun. Must say, this is a fantastic blog on JCU.

It has helped me greatly in more than one ways in looking at JCU.

I just wanted to know, as we both are from India,and I have just been accepted to MBA in International Business, that how are the job opportunities there after doing an MBA from JCU?

Is it worth it? And how is the overall environment?
Food, living et al?

Please email me at dipalbhagde@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hey arun,
My names dhiraj and I am from bombay, India. I had a few questions about JCUS and was wondering if you can help me out.Hows the job market after one completes his MBA from jcus.

My email address id dhiraj.bhanushali@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi All,

Glad to know that you are all in some way getting associated with JCUS thru my blog.

Yes, I can stand by JCUS for a place to study as the programms are designed on a fast track mode and you do get the monies worth.

As with the Job, Its purely dependant on the respective individuals as the Uni cannot do much about this. But yes the degree matters and that JCUS offers.

any more clarifications, pls mail me on gvarun77@gmail.com

Regards

Arun

Unknown said...

hi ARUN,
i am studying Second year UG (BBA) in an south Indian university. i want to know whether there is any need of prior - preparation for MBA aspirant in JCU-S. i.e., does GMAT and IELTS are mandatory?
please reply to me:
mail ID :
mohamed.basil91@gmail.com

Tanmay said...

want some info on the MBA program offered by JCU university.Can anyone enlighten me on the recognition of such courses by multinational companies and the job prospects.I am currently a fresher jst completed my graduation with an avid interest to do an MBA.Is it worth joining this university....help please

Unknown said...

Hi
Want some info on MBA in HR vertical for 1 year full time programe, and
info about the fees and living expense total ................ i am graduate currently doing job in HR ,so is there more chances of job when you are coming there with a work ex ....